Carpet or rug in the kitchen performs several functions:
• First of all, the kitchen runner rugs add the aesthetics to the kitchen interior space. It can become a bright spot in the kitchen and support the idea of comfort there. The color of the kitchen runner rugs on the floor can be a contrast of furniture and other decor items, or support the shade of the rest of textiles in the kitchen. All this is very individual and depends on the taste of the owner.
• But the material of the kitchen runner rugs is to be chosen more meticulously. The rug should not interfere with the free movement in space, it should be positioned so that no one will stumble on the edges. And without fail, these kitchen runner rugs must have non-slip base, to exclude the possibility of falling.
• It is no secret that the flooring in the kitchen has the maximum load, that is why quickly lose its shape. This applies to the rugs too. By the way, one of the purposes of using kitchen runner rugs protect the floor and the floor covering from damage and exposure to moisture and high temperatures.
• The material for kitchen runner rugs should be sufficiently resistant to cleaning agents and detergents.
• We can say that the most appropriate rugs for the kitchen on the floor are those which can be easily and frequently cleaned or even washed. Because the kitchen runner rugs are to be exposed to various contaminants.
So, if you decided that you need a kitchen rug, in this case you should pick up a model which will be easy to clean. For this purpose the best thing is a dark short-nap rug, as dirt from a long nap is simple to remove, and from bright colors it is more difficult to take it out.