The kitchen is a gathering place for the entire family. Generally, kitchen floor is made of wood, tile or linoleum and if we add a kitchen area rug there, it brings many advantages. Kitchen area rug makes wonders in the space of your kitchen. It reduces noise and adds warmth there.
The kitchen is the place , which is the often contaminated area. And kitchen area rug is an item, which protects the floor made of stone or wood from damage.
- It makes the cold floor tiles or laminate comfortable. This is especially important if a family has a child – a carpet will not give him a slip or get cold;
- It separates kitchen, kitchen-living room or kitchen-dining room into zones, for example, working and dining, and kitchen and sitting area;
- It visually expands, extends, or vice versa makes the space smaller in view; It also turns the interior into a stylish and cozy area.
If earlier you have never had neither carpet nor runner or rug, undoubtedly you need it in here. Kitchen area rugs are to keep them clean without spending a lot of effort.
As for usability, everything depends on the carpet material. If you select it correctly, you will be surprised by the fact, how simple it is to care for. Moreover, with the Kitchen area rugs kitchen becomes even cleaner and tidier. If you could not decide where you want to lay the carpet in the kitchen, we could give you some interesting advises: kitchen area rugs can be spread in at least 3 places:
- at the sink – a place where you often walk and stand for long periods. Here kitchen area rugs should be small, about the size of 60 × 90 cm.
- Along the kitchen units, that is the work area – for example, between the set and dining group. At this point, it is best to look narrow and elongated track or small rectangular cover.
- And at the dining area – in this case, the size of the kitchen area rugs should be such that the edges would not move while shifting of chairs during lunch.
To calculate the minimal dimensions of the rugs, it can be simply adding to the length of each side of the table at least 60 cm. The most common kitchen area rugs ‘s sizes are 230 × 300 cm, 240 cm × 330cm or 250 × 350 cm.